Family Holidays at West Coast Cottages
West Coast Cottages are set in the stunning setting of Lerags Glen, with unrivalled views of the glen and loch Feochan, or North Connel, a small village 5 miles north of Oban with superb views of Loch Etive. Children of all ages delight in exploring this beautiful area. There is plenty here to keep the kids occupied in the great outdoors, with trails through the hills, playing on the local beaches and the many attractions and sightseeing opportunities around the area. The bustling town of Oban is only five/ten minutes drive away, with shops, restaurants and cafés.
The cottages are suitable for all ages. Our children grew up in Lerags Glen so we know the adventures your children can have gaining from the experience of being let free to explore safe natural surroundings having great fun and providing lasting memories.
All of our cottages offer every comfort – they are attractively decorated throughout and all are very cosy with fires and central heating.
- All kitchens are clean and spacious, some farmhouse style, others more contemporary and provide all the amenities required, including dishwashers.
- Areas for alfresco dining, and include barbeques.
- Spacious rooms with and childrens books, videos and games.
- Sky FreeSat channel T.V. or Freeview with DVD is now available in all our properties.
- A local country pub is just a walk away from four of the cottages, within the glen. Children are welcome and there is a small play park there for them, with numerious animals to watch & play. On Sunday afternoons come and listen to local musicians playing traditional music.
- We are also dog friendly so please feel free to bring your family pet! (not Tigh Beg)
- West Coast cottages has a playroom at Lagnakeil close by that the children can also use with pool table, football table & swings in the grounds.
The local town – Oban:
- Oban is known as the seafood capital of Scotland, and you’ll find a variety of good restaurants and cafés to suit your tastes.
- Buy your fish fresh from one of the different fishmongers or the pier itself-just caught “from the sea to the pan as fast as you can”
- There are a number of known large supermarkets so you can stock up if you prefer to eat in.
- Discover specialist shops from food to gifts.
- Take the ferry to explore one of the many islands accessible from Oban, including the beautiful Iona, Colonsey and wild Mull.
There are many activities that can be found in and around Oban to keep the children happy – why not visit the Sea Life Centre, go walking on nearby Kerrera Island, or go on an exciting SeaFari to see the dolphins, seals and maybe even a whirlpool! There are many fabulous cycle trails to explore the area, including the new Oban to Fort William beautiful coastal cycle path. Sea Kayaking is loads of fun and Oban boasts two kayaking training centres for the whole family to experience.